Thursday, May 22, 2008

Water meter helps man win RM4m in lottery

Friday May 23, 2008

PETALING JAYA: A businessman and his wife were checking out a bungalow for sale in Selangor when the water meter caught his attention, leading him to a whopping RM4.9mil win in a lottery!

“My wife has always dreamt of owning a bigger house,” he said on condition of anonymity.

“When we were about to leave the bungalow, the water meter outside the house caught my eyes and I went over and flipped it open.

“The running number stopped at 457098.

“I had a hunch they were my lucky numbers,” he said.

He promptly bought a lottery ticket with the numbers 457098 on a RM49 bet.

“I am very happy and now I have more than enough money to pay for the bungalow. The house has brought us luck even before owning it,” he said.

It is learnt that he had paid the down-payment for the bungalow before he went to Sports Toto Malaysia’s head office to claim his winnings.

“We felt good about the house,” he said.

A spokesman for Sports Toto Malaysia confirmed that a single winner had won the first prize of Toto 6D held on May 17 (Draw no 3006/08) with a total winning sum of RM4.9mil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home